Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Magnetizing War Walker Weapons

I have started magnetizing weapons for my war walker and falcon.

I bought these nifty rectangular (5 x 1.5 x 1mm) magnets from first4magnets.com for the war walker.

Eldar Missile Launcher before magnetizing

Using a scalpel, the protruding part that fits in the socket is removed

Make the new surface flat using a file

Attaching the magnet with super glue (I used the end of a drill to apply the magnet)

Leave i to dry

Voila!
The socket on the weapon mount had to be expanded a little to make it possible to fit the magnet. I used 2mm drill and a scalpel to accomplish this.

Make sure you get the polarity correct on all magnets you attach. If not, you might (as I did) need to remove some magnet to flip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment